Monday 23 August 2021

English Open weekend

   A fun weekend's flying with the Harriers.  I've not been able to make any league comps for a good few years but a 2 day comp close to home was one to make.  Day 1 was cancelled and so I had the chance to fly Beer cliffs.  A stunning place to fly with 400ft vertical cliffs and a steady breeze. But as prep for Whitesheet it wasn't the best!

  Whitesheet's thermal lottery was always going to be a challenge.  The organisation from the club managed to squeeze 10 rounds in and give everyone the chance of at least 1 good flight.  Once I remembered where the bases were I was really pleased with the pace of the Harrier between the bases.  When my good air did come (round 9) she was away and screamed around the course to set the 2nd fastest time of the day.

  My eventual 10th is the second time in 2 comps that the Harrier has delivered this year, after the Nationals.  Looking at the other models on show it's clear that there's more than 1 way to set up and fly each model.  The Pike Precision 2 was a good example, Mike Shelim had his set up really nicely and and when the lift came he delivered some very impressive times.

  A few weeks to the Welsh open any my next comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment