Monday 19 February 2024

Wyvern- my new winter project

 


  No racing at the weekend but a fun day on the slopes with some mates and as the clouds cleared in the afternoon, the opportunity to sports fly on some of my favorite hills.

  Whilst there was a chance of a race it was obvious that the I would be flying the Saker but when the race was called off I took the chance to fly the new model that I’ve been working for the past year and test flying over the winter- the 2.65m Wyvern.

    Producing a model design that works is a hugely rewarding process, seeing your design win rounds and competitions- as I have done with the Saker is an amazing feeling.  The Wyvern is not a model to replace my Sakers but something different.

  There have been some great smaller models which have had an influence on me over the past 20 years from the Needle, Wizard compact and the legendary Caldera.  Just like these models my own Falcon design has proved to be the model I enjoy flying more than any other.

  Flying just the Saker and Falcon designs over the past few years has really helped my flying and racing skills.  I have been relishing the development of this new design, aiming for that perfect balance of a model with the fun handling of my Falcon but delivering exceptional racing performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment