Monday 10 August 2020

Harrier Maidened

 I always seem to be on the Whitesheet north slope to maiden models.  The Harrier was no different and so although the sun was much stronger than the breeze I hurled the Harrier off.  Launching a model for the first time is a nervous moment, but when it's the first of a model our of the molds you can multiply the feeling.

  The Harrier just sailed away and went off thermal hunting.  Like all F3F models the Harrier's efficiency means it can hunt even the lightest lift.  When I did get the Harrier away I could give it a dab of down and she was off!  The tail gives a very positive control and tight turns that never felt like letting go.  

  I just have to wait for some decent wind to really ring her out.  




the new tail and fuselage

Building is a lot easier witht he Harrier's molded servo tray.




No comments:

Post a Comment