Monday 19 April 2021

Falcon Maidened- fantastically

   You always know when you’ve got a model to maiden, everything is built as fast as possible and then the wind stops.  The Falcon was looking at me from my work bench and so despite the wind dropping to next to nothing I found myself hurling the Falcon into the air.  A couple of adjustments and the cg was settled at 96mm.

  At 2.3kg the Falcon is a light model and she was flying on a breath of wind.  Just like my old favourite – the wizard compact, pulling too much elevator can scrub speed but she never felt close to letting go.  When the air did come through the Falcon picked up speed remarkably quickly.  I’d set her up with a reduced throw settings option, she was still very responsive.

  I’ll be waiting for the big wind days and ballast to really ring the Falcon out with a good lump of ballast.  But I’m so happy with the first day out!



No comments:

Post a Comment