Monday 25 April 2011

Willow's Big day out



More wrecking pics!
Sunshine, good winds, great company and a Willow- what more could I ask for and so a day out at the Wrecker it was.  Sports flying and setting up models is very different from a race day but it did feel like we had perfect flying conditions today and after a few nights thinking and fetling I was ready to throw the Willow off.  Oh I’m glad I did!
  Although the winds were light in the sunshine, conditions moved from good to amazing and to these very very biased eyes the Willow felt like it accelerated, raced and maintained it’s energy with the best of them.  Being told it covered for the lack of talent in my thumbs must be a compliment for the model isn’t it?  The air allowed me to start adding ballast and like a trooper the Willow just lapped it up!
  The thing that really surprised my was just how well the Willow rolled and how much I could throw at here without up-setting her.  Fun and fast can’t be bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment