This weekend provided a great chance for some light wind sloping and thermalling at the Whitesheet club day. The day reminded me of just how varied a sport we enjoy. I didn't get any worthwhile pictures of the array of models on the slope but don't some pilots have a lot of toys!
I had to force myself to swap between my newly maidened Falcon and my Harrier- 2 models for me in 1 day is about as varied as it gets. With models like these you do have to be aware of the amount of sky you cover when compared to a R/E thermal ship or middle phase. I did limit and change my flying away from the edge- but that's not a bad thing.
I came home to a couple of pictures of the new molds for the 3m 'Saker' model we have been working on. Its good to start to see a 3d version of the new design and see how some of the design innovations look in the flesh. Having the fuselage molds made as positives really helps with this. It's not the reason we do it this way for the fuselage. For complex shapes like fuselages I like to have a softer positive that the production negative molds can be pulled before being tucked away for safe keeping.
The Tail molds follow my preference for a negative being made from aluminium. Choices like this do seem quite small but they are very hard to change once the CAD files are made.