Saturday 9 September 2023

Hot day in Wales

   Although life and family commitments are making my Welsh open participation very doubtful, I wasn't going to miss the chance of a day out on Mickies.  I was slapping on the factor 30 and Slope dog was heading for the shade but such a glorious day.

  After focusing on the race winning Saker for the last few weeks I took the chance of flying my Falcon models.  I just love this model, in light air like today on a narrow edge it runs the edge so well but when I decided to head out and pick up some thermals, it's just so easy to read and centre the lift- can you tell I had fun?

  With the wind/ sea breeze in single figures all day the ballast stayed in the box but the Falcon does carry the energy so well.  My second model was a new model and test flight.  I fitted out the wing with the Flight tech hybrid LDS system and frames.  LDS servo arms linked to conventional horns.  Zero slop and excellent gearing resolution from the servos all adds to the model's performance.

Just a really good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment