Monday 26 October 2020

Gliding 101

 


  There have been some absolute classic models designed and produced of around 2.5m span.  These have followed some differing design paths separated by many years.  The fabled Wizard Compact and Needle 100 are very different but very successful models.  Choosing between the 2 would be a tough choice!

  The Compact has been part of my fly fleet for many years, I love them.  On my last holiday on Lundy I soon started to wonder why I bothered to bring anything else!

  I love models of this size, they do seem to offer a wonderful balance of performance and sport flying fun.  I have raced my compact to good effect a number of times.  I haven’t been able to find a model of this size available with really appeals to me, so given the chance to help produce one it’s time to make one.

 The aim of the new model is to apply the design principals what have worked so well for the Harrier and to a smaller model of comparable size.

  The CAD files have been completed and molds are nearly ready and the test models shoud be ready to fly when the air starts to get nice and chilly in December.  Once there are some more pictures I’ll be sure to post them.






No comments:

Post a Comment