Saturday 11 March 2023

Does this count as the last session of the Winter?

   I'm not sure if the melting snow is the right metaphor but this week feels like the end of the winter.  A short notice session had me thrashing my Falcons around the sky with a huge smile on my face- even if I was shivering.

  A winter that feels like I have had more flying than I have managed in years has been very short of races, this was emphasised by the cancellation of the final Midlands winter league of the winter.  Trying to run a winter league is by no means an easy thing to do.  My Own Local slope at Whitesheet managed 1 race and on the only other day we gathered there was no wind, whilst on 2 days that were cancelled I was flying on the slopes.

  Here's hoping that the Champ of Champs gets some luck to make up for some of the lack of racing.  I can feel my dad taxi duties building for the summer already!

  I've been flying a combination of my Sakers and Falcons through the winter and simply having fun.  I am enjoying flying these models more and more.  Not having a sheet of settings has been a good chance to try different things and approaches- and most of them can work if you get the right air and fly the attempted style well.  I have been using the CG further forwards with more elevator and delayed snap flap in bigger air to what feels like good effect- enjoy flying them, fly them more, fly them better- this flying business is easy:-)

  



No comments:

Post a Comment