Sunday 5 March 2023

Enjoying the different days of winter flying



  This winter has been a bit of a write off for racing, Sod's law has taken full effect but this has meant that I've been able to enjoy the wide variety of flying that's on offer.  This month's Southern winter league race was cancelled and yet again I found myself on the race slopes.  With the lift building from 'scratchy' to filling in very nicely by early afternoon- if a little cold.

  With so few pilots and walkers on the slope at this time of year it does give you the chance to get close too the wildlife and the local red kites are far from worried about my activities.


  A different slope and very different conditions to last weekend's thrashing on the Wrecker but the same model.  As I tell my better half- that's why I only have 1 model, I can't think of many conditions where it isn't the best model for making me smile.  OK she knows there's a Saker and a Falcon, even if she doesn't know which is which.  Booth took to the skies so smoothly and without incident today you just can't help but have confidence in them finding lift.


  I'm not convinced that Slope Dog is too keen on staying out all day in the winter but she does like to meet me at the model once they've landed.

  Now for some warmer weather please?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment