Sunday 19 March 2023

The next model name will have to be Red Kite

   Another Saturday afternoon thrash with the Falcons on Whiteshite hill.  With the breeze building and even some spring time thermals I was really surprised that there were not more human pilots there.

  For much of the afternoon I was sharing the airspace with the resident group of Red kites.  This time I remembered the better camera so here's a pic,  These guys really know what they are doing and don't seem to be bothered at all by my toys.  Seeing them there does help to make the day- makes me want to make a new model- just to call it Red Kite:-)


  I did my usual trick of taking 3 models but only flying 1 of them, this tie the Falcon was first out of the bag.  It was the first time this year that I have experienced that 'kick' as a thermal comes on to the slope and you have to start to modify your turns very quickly.

  I was joined by an M60 EPP model.  I have some great memories of when these were used in EPP 60 racing.  I had forgotten just what good sports flying models they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment