Tuesday 28 November 2023

New Wing fit out, new servo gearing

   Although the weather hasn't been great for flying lately I've been busy putting a new wing together with some improvements made to the fit out.

  The quality of the materials and fit in the wing continue to improve- and they have been good for a long time- just like the Kingmax servos.


 I have never taken to LDS systems, I'm not sure why, I've seen them work and they look great.  But I just feel attached to horns and clevises in the wings.  Luckily that lovely man at Flight tech has helped to develop a hybrid that allows me to use the very neat LDS servo arms and ball raced servo frames but connect to the horns I just keep using.


  What was immediately obvious was that the fit is very easy to set up with effectively no slop.  When I was setting up the servos, the throws would need to be increased to get the same movement.  Greater resolution, lower strain on the servos and slop free- that all sounds good.  After a few flights the controls actually feel more crisp and with more servo throw things like delayed and curved snap flap seems easier to set up.







No comments:

Post a Comment