Monday, 28 September 2026

Wyvern and Cyvern

   Developing a new design means spending a lot of time flying just 1 design, Saturday was a chance to fly the New Cyvern back to bback with my Wyvern in the sunshine of the Bwlch.  With the wind lighter than expected neither Wyvern or Cyvern were ballasted up too much.  I'd forgotten just how much fun the Wyvern is, yes it's set up as I like it, but such a direct and responsive feel in light air- you can' help but have fun.

  Setting the Cyvern up like this will take some time and be good fun to do it.  The Cyvern is certainly  much easier as the air builds up or a thermal comes through. 

  As more and more Paraglider pilots chose to hurl themselves towards my models I shifted to the back of the Wrecker, in a SSW this isn't ideal but with the wind now gusting up to 9ms it was a good alternative.  The Autumn warmth meant that there were a good few thermals and associated sink.  Great for sports flying and I hope I can get the thermal air when we race there next.

Slope dogs choosing between Wyvern and Cyvern


No comments:

Post a Comment