Sunday 16 January 2022

Falcon soars at the welsh winter league

Just because I have been enjoying flying them so much lately I decided to take 2 Falcons to race at the Welsh winter league.  Its been a while since I raced a 100inch model, it's a size that has held the world record twice since I have been racing.

  The air was light for most of the day but built for the last 2 rounds.  As I'll be away for the February race league position is not a consideration so my aims were to try and fly some EM style up turns and anticipate the turns so the speed can be carried through the turn. 

 With only 1 cut I think I was able to spot the bases and 2 rounds where I was only just pipped to the round win I must have been doing something right.  The Falcon certainly proved itself to be competitive.  The up turns felt comfortable up wind but I've got a lot of work to do on the down wind version.

  9 rounds was a fantastic day's racing, regardless of what the times are, a day's competitive flying is one of the best ways to learn.  Having a model that you can trust and predict makes this so much easier.   

No comments:

Post a Comment