Monday 15 May 2023

A trip to the Mynd, but no wind

  Dad'd taxi being directed to the midlands  usually gives me the chance flr some soaring on the Mynd in Shorpshire.  Conditions here remind me of Whitesheet, with the variability of lift making it a great sport fly spot.  Unfortunately this weekend there was so little breeze that the wind direction was swinging 180deg at times as the thermals drifted through.

  Room in the car meant I took the Falcon rather than Saker but after a few deep breaths I hurled it into the air and hoped.  I've forgotten just how clearly the Falcon reacts and indicated thermal lift.  It wasn't long before I was comfortably flying from thermal to thermal.  

  A good day and the first time this year I've come away from the slope wishing I'd packed the sun cream rather than waterproofs.  Another cool Falcon day





No comments:

Post a Comment