Monday 22 May 2023

EM turns on the wrecker.

  Sunshine and NE winds can only mean one thing- a trip to the fabled Wrecker.  I have always had mixed feelings about the slope, clearly epic lift but the long walk to land has often caught me out.  This dislike of the walk s actually one of the reasons I try to go sometimes, to try and get over this.

  After flying the Falcon with a Cheshire grin on the edge, I managed to tear myself away from the Falcon and rig the Saker.  Although the wind speed of 10mps would usually have me looking to put 800-1000g of ballast in, I tempered back due to the large variation in the lift.  When the lift came in I know that she will go!

  I gave the Saker to the Dark lord Greg Dakin to stir the sticks and let me know just what she can do and how much I am holding back the Saker.  She was soon doing huge pumps with some excellent energy retention and then ripping up the edge with some speed building EM turns that looked like an effortless high speed figure of 8.

  Greg does like his loops and it wasn't long before he was DSing the edge, with the speed climbing with every loop.  After taking the Sticks I attempted to follow Greg's EM turning style.  It was just easy, only my own aggression diving into the compression after each turn prevented me from going faster (honest).  The Saker felt like it wasn't going to over pull/scrub speed in the turns, as long as possitive reasure was kept on the wing, the faster we went.

  After landing safely each time I put my models away with a huge smile.

  I have to give a word to the Raptors that Greg was flying.  A 2.4m thin winged aerobatic smile maker.  Most certainly the best model I have seen in this class for a long time.








No comments:

Post a Comment