Tuesday 30 May 2023

What a day!

 


  After another week of NE winds made our usual slopes less fun, the call of the Wrecker meant that for a second weekend in a row I found myself on the Motorway heading into Wales. This time I was greeted by William setting up his automatic F3F course for a little bit of practise and within an hour our numbers had swollen into double figures.  Bright sunshine tempered by the 25mph+ winds.

  The day was by no means an exclusively expensive toy F3F session, A good few of us had brought something different to fly- it was all going to go on a day like this.

  The model's ranged from Les's 2m Screamer, thought the Needle 100 and my own Falcon 100 to some bigger F3F models.  I did take my Saker but as usual I ended up only flying the first model out of the car.  The air did cycle through, alternating between good to 'hold on'.  It wasn't a great surprise when Andy B told me that he had started filming my Falcon just as the air dropped off, he was heading back from landing on my last flight as the air got ridiculous and the Falcon's speed kept building and building.

  It was good to see the Screamer model, I've not see this one in the flesh before and it can certainly go, at just 2m it's a little small for my own taste but t put a big smile on Les's face.

  A couple of blasts from the past were the Needle 100 and Mike Evan's Alliaj- not the most attractive but Mike had the wings bending some in the turns at times.

  After JP had flown his Fox it was time for him to bring out his Saker.  I know that he had been looking forward to really testing those wings for a while and as he added 1.6KG of ballast I knew that he wasn't going to hold back!  For the second weekend in a row I got to sit back and admire a model of mine taring up the sky and really being put through it's paces.

  EM, reversals Philips specials the Saker just seemed to keep on flying though them all and keep on getting faster.  Whilst part of my was a bit gutted that it's clearly my thumbs holding back the Saker, knowing that it can more than keep up with the rest of the racing field is fantastic.

  The Vantage was also a model which stood out, flown by Les and Andy, both showed the benefit of consistently flying the same model.


A fantastic day out in the sun!











No comments:

Post a Comment